Tenants Insurance

You will need to be fully aware that you will be liable for any damage caused to the Landlord’s building and contents. The relevant clause in the formal Tenancy agreement is as follows: –

As a condition of entering into this Tenancy Agreement the Tenant shall: 

  • Obtain and maintain a policy of Insurance to provide a minimum of £2,500 of cover for accidental damage to the landlord’s contents, furniture, fixtures and fittings at the property, as described in schedule A.
  • Upon request, provide the Agent with a copy of the Insurance Certificate

The Tenant should consider their need for insurance to cover their own personal possessions as the Landlord will not provide any such cover upon their behalf (i.e. the Landlord’s Insurance Policy will not cover the Tenant’s personal possessions).

BNR Lettings and Sales work in partnership with Rentguard Insurance who provide products to both Landlords and Tenants, including Tenant’s liability policies. They will contact you once your referencing is complete to ensure you have the correct products.